Saturday, July 4, 2009

Shatterer of Worlds


Upon visiting the cabin in April, we were quite excited to find enough furniture in good condition to avoid a costly and exhausting U-Haul ride from the city. However, our inspection turned out to be less than comprehensive. I discovered and surreptitiously disposed of one drawer full of chewed nesting material, doing my best not to look or smell too closely. Then the lady found her own, even larger treasure trove, a former mouse hotel (and current graveyard), promptly passing it off to me for dumping duty. Both bureaus moved outside for cleaning, though one proved impervious to all manner of cleaning products, both eco-friendly and -angry, its festering stench of dead rodent remaining.

After spending a few weeks in proper country form, furniture sitting in the yard, I finally got around to hacking it up with an axe. This was something new for me.

And I like it.

Very much.

Must smash all.

Destroyer's remorse?

Nope

What next? Burn it!

Burn it all

Keeper of the cleansing flame

No comments:

Post a Comment